Friday, October 18

Ep 202 The Professional Left Podcast








Links for this episode:
  • Bible Bitch:  Romans 15 Paul sees alleviating poverty in Jerusalem as a duty.
  • Homeland is the story of Cassandra 
  • Books mentioned in Science Fiction University:  Margaret Atwood, Oryx and Crake  and   The Handmaid's Tale,  Frederick Pohl,  The Space Merchants,  and   Henrik Ibsen, An Enemy of the People.
The button below allows listeners to throw a contribution specifically towards the Professional Left Podcast.  Thanks for your listenership and support!








3 comments:

  1. C'mon! No spoiler warning?!? I was going to get around to seeing Casablanca one of these years..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Ooh! Ooh! I've found where Blue Gal is going to be next weekend!

    http://www.cwfa.org/content.asp?id=22625

    Maybe she'll bring Driftglass and they can do the podcast from there!

    Just think, and entire weekend of Blue Gal with her academic peers, discussing how Jesus wants them to be happy, prosperous white people. I can just see Blue Gal holding her heaviest copy of The Message aloft, the one with the bronze hinges and clasps, before screaming her most Godly Woman scream and bringing it down on a swift downward arc.

    Oh, I would pay to be a fly on that wall.

    Mike.K.

    PS: Yes, it really did say, "Distinguished Professor of Homemaking at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be silly of me to say that I share Driftglass' frustration with not getting some cred from Charlie Pierce since I don't put in the hours of writing. I have also been a bit taken aback , like you say, you're not even getting a link mention. As a long time listener and reader I have been waiting for you guys to get more of an internet bounce. You both do great work.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!