Tuesday, March 8

My 3000th post.


When I started blogging in 2004, there was no YouTube, no twitter, the few early-adopters of podcasting were giving it up after a dozen episodes. Remember when blogger used to crash several times a day? Shout out to you, old skool comrades.

I'm still here, though my attention is often on the podcast or over at the big blog, where this week I am responsible for making sure three posts a day get put on the front page.

But Blue Gal, the blog, 3000 posts later, is still here. And Blue Gal, the blogger, hasn't gone anywhere either. I still wake up in the morning, every morning, and see what is bloggable.

I'm so grateful to you, my readers. Thank you for continuing to visit this corner of blogworld, and for reading and supporting me as the next 3000 posts get written, recorded, photoshopped, and giggled over.

And I just got reminded that blogging landed me 'the big account.' :D

13 comments:

  1. Two thumbs and two big toes up for the huge # of 3000 BG !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sunshine soldier or summer patriot she. On to 6,000, Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those of us who've been fans from those early days are deeply grateful for your perseverance. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, BG - and thank you for goading me into some form of regular blogging again. Now I just have to find the time.

    ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Continued success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats - and your podcast is my new weekly number one must listen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Badass! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all you do.Quite the inspiration for us little pikers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Awesome!!! I just celebrated my 1000th post and my
    5th blogoversary! I never would have thought I would still be here but as a fairly new reader here, I hope to be around for your 6000th post!!!!!! Long may we rave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Fran!

    I just wanted to say thanks for using your mad networking skills to help me find some wonderful dinner companions during my trip to Chicago. I really appreciated it.

    Take care,

    figleaf

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm giggling. I know. You can't tell, but the image of you calling Drifty, "The Big Account" is tittering. Sorry...

    All better now blogmommy.

    Been up to my arse in local political alligators so I'm way behind in my correspondence and reading assignments.

    In 26 more days, life will resume. or not. High stakes local politics is that way.

    On the upside, spring is in the air. No, really. It's there. Intermixed with the snowflakes.

    Congrats on yet another milestone. And thank you for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!