Tuesday, March 29

Rest in Peace, Jessica Awesome

Last week our gerbil's body started swelling, and yesterday morning her breathing became very heavy. I took her to the vet knowing she would not come home with me.

We picked up the children one at a time from school, and broke the news. They took it very well. A few tears, and then my youngest said "she will always be alive in our hearts."

We get a new pet after spring break (because Mommy says so).

On topic, a poem from Writer's Almanac. Rest in peace, Jessica Awesome. We love you.


  1. How sad for the little ones. My condolences, and may Jessica's small spirit fly free.


  2. it's always so hard to say goodbye

  3. Commiserations. How sad.


I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!