Tuesday, March 29

Rest in Peace, Jessica Awesome



Last week our gerbil's body started swelling, and yesterday morning her breathing became very heavy. I took her to the vet knowing she would not come home with me.

We picked up the children one at a time from school, and broke the news. They took it very well. A few tears, and then my youngest said "she will always be alive in our hearts."

We get a new pet after spring break (because Mommy says so).

On topic, a poem from Writer's Almanac. Rest in peace, Jessica Awesome. We love you.

3 comments:

  1. How sad for the little ones. My condolences, and may Jessica's small spirit fly free.

    ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always so hard to say goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commiserations. How sad.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!