Monday, August 8

Wedding notes: My "Something Blue"


My sister-in-law to-be is a knitter the way Van Gogh was a painter.   And yeah, the way Driftglass is a photoshopper.

She made me this scarf out of yarn I gave her.  I have to admit I de-stashed the yarn because I thought it was kind of boring.  I hate being proven utterly wrong, except when I get something so lovely and so surprising and so perfect.    

And now I have my something blue for the wedding.  It's goooorgeous.  

Thanks and much love, Sis!  xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Ooooooh so pretty! That was made by hand????
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hand knit. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:06 PM

    That's totally gorgeous, and will look beautiful on you (and vice versa!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. WOW. awesome. did she use a pattern? what gauge needles did she use? crochet or knit? That's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is the pattern!

    http://mimknits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=213

    She knit it on size four needles. I think the yarn is rayon/cotton given how she says it washed up and how drapey it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I knew how to knit. I recently moved and I am a block away from the Etsy headquarters and they have Craft Mondays. Guess that will be on the short list. But I'll go in knowing I will never be able to make something that fabulous. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!