Monday, November 12

Whatever drugs Celine Dion is taking, I want none.


No, you don't have to click on the USAToday link (yeah I'm still at the hotel does it show?). Here's the money shots:

"I had a vision. I was in the front row at the Academy Awards with my mother, husband and son, and I won an Oscar for my role as Maria Callas..."

The song This Time finds the Vegas showstopper slipping into the skin of an abuse victim. She calls the tune her "Janis Joplin moment" and can't resist breaking into a verse.

"I admire Martha Stewart so much," she says. "With her arts and crafts. Making cupcakes, and then she's got time to write the names of each guest on each one."


I note parenthetically that both Janis Joplin and Maria Callas had enough class not to share their f-ing cupcake place holder ideas.

5 comments:

  1. i think i just had a 60's flash back!!!

    bad one.

    ick. and yet, she has a fortune, i have squat!

    i think i'm better off, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's painful to see her name and Janis Joplin's name in the same article. I can almost hear Janis giggle as I write this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I note parenthetically that both Janis Joplin and Maria Callas had enough class not to share their f-ing cupcake place holder ideas.

    LOLOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fecking wrong on so many levels that my ears just went numb.

    Keep dreaming, Celine. Maybe you can play a sleestak in some movie version of Land of the Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Janis did the name thing with special brownies...

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!