Wednesday, February 7

Chris Bowers thinks I should just give up.

[Peace and love to the beautiful people coming here from Crooks and Liars. And a kiss, a peck, and a hug around the neck to Mike, too.]



The blogosphere is really maturing when this kind of a navel-gazing wankery is allowed to stand:

The days of the major, solo content generator, pundit blogger are all but over. ...Within the national blogosphere, the market dynamic has changed dramatically, and the entry barrier to the "top-tier" has become far more difficult to break through.


Really, Chris, I'd love to meet you for Glenlivet on the rocks at some penthouse hotel bar and hear about your blog's business model and your latest "blogger conference call" with Rahm Emmanuel. Furthermore, Brilliant at Breakfast, another blogger who, like me, would of course consider herself lucky to be sent down to the lobby gift shop for condoms so we could do a threesome with you in room 519 (but we understand we'll have to sleep in our own rooms after, as you've got an early flight back to the Beltway, natch) has more and better to say:

It's truly amazing to see one blogger fellating the entire Big Name Blogosphere in one post, while at the same time consigning the rest of us to the ranks of the MySpacers. ...Chris Bowers playing "Mine's Bigger" with the rest of the blogosphere, is this really what it's come to? Is this the Revenge of the Nerds come to fruition? Is this the guys who DIDN'T get laid on prom night finally staking their claim to coolness?


But seriously, Chris, since it obviously makes you hot, let me lay a few stats on you. With less than ten exceptions, I confine my blogroll to blogs with fewer than 70 RSS subscribers. I doubt any of them are getting paid for the privilege of sharing with me and the wider world their creativity, energy, intelligence, and wit. There are artists, there are artists who somehow make a living doing their art (sorry, I can't imagine John Amato writing that "Chris Bowers knows blog success!" business model bullshit), and there are sell-out wankers who want to color themselves important by channeling some Tony Robbins success seminar. I'm too busy doing my thang, and enjoying the writing and work of some very gifted individual bloggers, to worry about which category the big boys fall into.

tywych01


Images from here. And no, Chris, I didn't pay for them. Thanks too to Blah3 and Jon Swift, with whom I "networked" on this post. Next time I'll order the appetizer, boys.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM

    Hmm. I keep missing the Astroglide reference. (Besides, BG, my gay friends tell me that Gun Oil is Teh Loob these days. Get with the times!)

    This ties in nicely with something I've been thinking about -- I should get something up (heh) with linkyback later this morning. Morning for me, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug regardless of what your gay friends say about lubes, the marketers have it covered: Pink. For the ladies. In an Italian glass bottle that looks great on your vanity table. I'm not making that up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Pink! So much more attractive than Jack Jelly.

    While we're on the Loob topic, let me warn your readers away from the 'warming lubes'. They're atrocious. They don't warm particularly well, and they're so poor at lubricating that a guy could get rug burns. You know, a hypothetical guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avoid the male ego at all costs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:50 PM

    I'll read my blogroll any day over a bunch of "Me too! Look at me!" A-listers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:19 PM

    BG, you made me laugh, in the middle of the day. That's not bad, at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take Blue Gal over the so-called "big guys" any day. So far BG has sent more than 20,000 people to the First Freedom First web site. We REALLY appreciate the support!


    BAC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I blog for an audience of one, I'm honored that anyone else comes by. I think most bloggers that stick around get that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Methinks Mr. Bowers doth protest too much.

    The nature of the medium provides incentive for big blogs to give link love to little peons like us because it doesn't cost anything and can only expand the reader base on both sides.

    This isn't like TV where you don't want to give exposure to your competition. It'd be nice if the nominal leaders of the vanguard understood the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:37 AM

    no bogsblog among your list? for shame! no blogosphere should be without one... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That condoms line had me laughing! I left a longer comment over at Brilliant at Breakfast, but what is up with that Bowers post?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nah. Best latex-safe loob is Boy Butter. Don't know if Chris would be able to get over the name though.

    Original and still best loob ever if not using latex, Chrisco, er Crisco.

    This public service announcement is brought to you by you friendly local Gay Mafia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Chris has always been a proponent of local blogs and increasing the local blog infrastructure. Dismissing him in the manner that you have is too symptomatic of the entire blogosphere in that one person says something and instantly all hell breaks loose. Further, I'm sure that Chris has no idea what it must be like to toil in the dark forever, the life of a broke artist, nor the life of someone who makes significantly less money then he could make doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't care what Bowers or anybody else says, Blue Gal. Your dick is the biggest of them all for me!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!