Saturday, February 17

Prayer and Fasting

fb142
Happy Birthday, ICMS, I love you.


It occurred to me this morning, before I even got out of bed, that I need (maybe we all need?) a break from teh internets.

Nice people are showing signs of strain. It's been a very, very, tough week.

I'm gonna close my laptop and tape the word "fasting" on the top. And when I see that word, I hope I will remember to silence my monkey mind* and think about all the breaks Jesus took. Have you ever noticed that? "Asleep on a pillow." "Jesus withdrew."

Matthew 12, Mark 3, Luke 5. HUT!

(Okay, you quasi-agnostic lefty blogospherians don't need to take me too seriously.)

Back Monday or Tuesday, at the latest.

*Monkey Mind. Yeah, that's Buddhism, I'm fruit cocktail when it comes to faith, a little of everything, but Jesus is the maraschino cherries.

7 comments:

  1. Have a good rest and we will all catch up again next week!


    BAC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Even us hardcore lefty atheists can take a little religious allegory.

    Taking a break every now and then is a good thing. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Aum shantih, shantih, shantih.

    Rest and recharge, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate.

    Rest the rest of the righteous.

    But don't make a habit of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey bluegal you should have someone blog in your stead while you are gone to keep continuity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:11 PM

    Matthew 11:28.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:10 PM

    SIGNS OF STRAIN???!? BAH HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm FINE I tell you ... just fucking FINE!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!