Thursday, February 3

We interrupt this fundraiser to celebrate Blogroll Amnesty Day



There's plenty of time to celebrate Blogroll Amnesty Day this year. As a tribute to the late Jon Swift, we are running it for a week. Old timers know that this holiday has a rather sullen history, but now it is a happy occasion: On February 3, bloggers are invited to post links to blogs you like, that have smaller traffic than your own. It's a great celebration and a time to discover new blogs and link them and stuff. As I have said in previous years, "not to get all mushy here, but do you know how fucking great it is to be here in the blogosphere? Take a moment. Take it in." Spread some linky love.

Small and newbie bloggers please be aware of the ironclad rule that you are not allowed to make "hey no blog is as small as mine" jokes regarding Blogroll Amnesty Day. The rule is, straight from the queen of the indy blogs herself (ahem), that you are not allowed to complain or mention your blog's low traffic until you have been posting daily for a year. If you're little, link other blogs that are new or still growing their audience, and encourage them to practice their craft daily. Then, show them how.

Here are some blogs from my blogroll that have posted recently. (I haven't checked their traffic numbers because I rarely check my own). Enjoy:

Reed Writes

Earth-Bound Misfit

Hysterical Raisins

Bildungblog

And an art blog, Tom Moody.

3 comments:

  1. Link to Huffpo Ha! I don't even read it anymore, it's become the TMZ of the blogosphere. Here are a couple from my blogroll. Don't know if bigger or smaller, but that's ok I am secure in my manhood.

    http://gratuitousprattle.blogspot.com

    and

    http://thetruthgiver74.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I try to practice reciprocality, but I've been getting a lot of "dear friend" requests frm blogs that look like spam stalking horses.

    I don't pay attention to other blog's traffic counts. Matters not to me, all that matters is what they have to say.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!