Friday, November 11

But hey, paganism was a close second...

Which religion is the right one for you?


You scored as Islam. Your beliefs are most similar to those of Islam. Do more research on Islam and possibly consider taking the shahadah and officially becoming a Muslim, if you aren't already.

Despite the actions of some - who go against the teachings of Islam - Islam is a religion of peace; the word "islam" means "peace through submission to God." "Muslim" means "one who submits to God." Islam is the third of the three Abrahamic faiths, and it shares much with Judaism and Christianity; its differences are the acceptance of Muhammad as the last and final prophet, and the oneness of God - in other words, that Jesus, though he was a revered prophet, was not in fact God, and only one God exists. Apparently the Taliban could not read (though their name means "students"), because the Qur'an states that men and women are equal as believers, and that all believers should be educated and seek knowledge. Modesty in dress and behavior is required in Islam for both men and women to preserve the values of society and move the emphasis from superificial appearance to intelligence, knowledge, and God.


This could also have something to do with Blue Gal hating freedom...see Fafblog.

An doncha just love it that this Egyptian guy got Judaism? (hat tip, Ballbright)

Which religion is the right one for you? (new version)
created with QuizFarm.com

9 comments:

  1. Dear Blue Gal,

    I am a Satanist, apparently.

    Do you agree/disagree?

    Love,

    Comrade Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I loathe, hate and despise any and all organized religions (Sorry, Blue Gal, I know you're a Bible-thumper but it just ain't for me, to put it euphemistically), I don't have to take this quiz to know that I would immediately choose Wicca.

    They don't have tax exemption status, don't try to influence government, they respect the environment, they're not hypocritical and nobody dies for their ideologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddhist, apparently. As a Christian I score, predictably, 17%, which I take as a badge of honor. Of course, some of the questions were leading and there was no way that I could answer them honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it that so many of my readers are atheist, agnostic, satanist, pagan, wiccan, vulgarian, etc. God bless them, every one! (hee)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there... thank you for the post on Club lefty... I see you linked me so I thought I'd drop a line and let you know I've done the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christianity 63%
    atheism 50%
    Paganism 46%

    I suppose this is the product of being raised the son of an assemblies of god minister... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue Gal, my results: atheism 100%, Islam 71%, Judaism 54%, agnosticism 50%,..., Christianity 0%.

    I commented to Quiz Farm that results may differ if one could define "god" as perfection.

    I once met a rabbi who said he preferred the company of moral people outside the faith to that of self righteous believers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing wrong with faith. Faith guides many of us through the days and nights of our lives.

    However, organized religion seems to me to be a haven for the criminally-inclined among us, a training ground for those who would do bad things to learn how to exert power over other people.

    When I got married the second time, the only way I could have been married in the church my wife attended as a youngster would have been for me to go to her pastor, explain why I was divorced, and then wait for him to decide whether or not that was good enough. Despite the assurances of everyone that I'd have no trouble convincing anyone, anywhere, that I deserved a divorce, I felt (and feel) that no man was in any position to judge me or my circumstances. Therefore I simply could not do it. The MIL complained (and went so far as to ask my wife "what about your dream wedding?") but there was no way I was submitting myself to another man for approval-if that had been the only way, there certainly wouldn't ever have been a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also scored highest on Islam, with paganism and Hinduism next in line. Christianity, which I profess, came in fourth. I take that to mean that the quiz is based on orthodox Christianity, not the more progressive form, which is much more accepting of different faiths.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!