Saturday, December 6

I don't do memes, but...

Sherry asked me. She is my most frequent and supportive commenter. So, just this once, and I won't tag anyone. Pick it up if you like...

1. Five names you go by:

Mom
Blue Gal
Fran
BG
Baby (certain specific people)

2. Three things you are wearing right now:

a necklace
a ponytail
Panties? Oh I think you know.


3. Two things you want very badly at the moment:

to put my foot up.
more coffee.

4. Three people who will probably fill this out:

Not the same people who buy organic pancake batter in a reddi whip spray can. Bet.

5. Two things you did last night:

put up the Christmas tree
hot bath

6. Two things you ate today:

Breakfast with Santa (really)
a candy cane from my son's goodie bag he got from Santa. (Junior Dude definitely on Mom's 'nice' list for now.)

7. Two people you last talked to on the phone:

a blog buddy

the pediatrician's office, re well-child appointments

8. Two things you are going to do tomorrow:

Church

read blogs

9. Two longest car rides:

Birmingham to Minneapolis

Chicago to Springfield, IL in windy snow.

10. Two of your favorite beverages:

coffee
Grand Marnier on the rocks


And finally, my favorite part: a clip from [one of] my favorite movie[s]-

given I can recite the entire movie, Hitchcock's Notorious:

5 comments:

  1. neat! thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:43 AM

    Unfortunately, there are some brilliant movie directors that fade into the void due bad luck, amnesia, or a young person's stubborn contempt of anything that's considered "old". To paraphrase Mark Twain, "A classic is a movie that everybody knows about, but doesn't see."

    Hitchcock is one of those directors who has influenced everybody, either consciously or subconsciously, and it disgust me to see how little he's respected these days. Hell, Brian DePalma, Quentin Tarantino or the Coen Brothers wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for Hitchcock.

    Thanks for reminding people why Hitchcock still matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I suppose you wouldn't be up to an I Splotchy story meme, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTF? I read your last "I Splotchy and left a comment there. I'm outraged that you did not make this a starting place for a book. That would be BOOK! What are you and Dcup doing with your lives? You should be writing this stuff. Why aren't we all rich published writers with movie deals in the works, getting interviewed all together on Opra. I get the first Pulitzer, then I'm okay with you guys getting yours too. What's wrong with us?

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!