Monday, April 6

Happy Holy Week. Blog against theocracy.

one of my favorite Post Secrets


I posted the following during an earlier blogswarm but it bears repeating:

...As a self-professed Christian, and that's really all I can lay claim to, my own sins keep me busy 24/7/365. I'm either doing 'em or repenting 'em, and hopefully the good outweighs the bad.

A significant number of religionists actually GET IT that the freedom to practice their religion comes from the glorious gift of the First Amendment to the US Constitution. And actually, separation of church and state goes back farther than that. There was this old timey Jewish preacher who said something once about render unto Caesar...

I'm so excited and supportive of this blogswarm, I can't tell you. And what is most exciting is the participation of atheist and science bloggers, who are smart and thoughtful and well, I'm just honored to be doing something with them.

I really hope this blogswarm does more than just let the world know how we feel about the separation of Church and State. I hope it improves and awakens how we feel about each other. I may be a "believer" whatever the hell that means, but I can't have too many smart, funny, and fascinating, atheists, scientists, agnostics, LGBT bloggers, etc. etc. around here. Who the hell did JESUS hang out with, anyway?

IMO, Jesus wouldn't have a beer with some "saved" politician or hypocritical preacherman today, even if they were buying. For me, God is Love, and Mind, and Truth. And this blogswarm is all about those.

Thanks for participating.


.

8 comments:

  1. If I wear underwear, whether to some ecclesiastical function or otherwise - It's always holey.

    ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said. the underwear secret just had me smiling. what a world. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat J3:14 PM

    IMO, Jesus wouldn't have a beer with some "saved" politician or hypocritical preacherman today, even if they were buying.

    I dunno, I thought He hung around with the sinners a fair amount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm; only "sometimes"?

    Well you're getting us all excited about this church state swarm thingy!

    I thought Jesus hung with the apostles, mostly. That had to be a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I hope it improves and awakens how we feel about each other."

    All you have to to do is share that you're a "believer," and you'll find out. You'll find out that some of your progressive "friends" think you're a delusional idiot. Which is ever so tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If God sees the true us, does he ever even see panties?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Chica,

    Have you seen some of my recent posts on the subject? www.sokatie.com ... I think separation of Church and State is good for the Church ... and also good for the State. I don't trust the government with my religion.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!