Monday, January 15

Interview with Blue Gal at Brainshrub.com


Paul Van Heden was kind enough to interview me again at Brainshrub.com. If you wanna hear stuff about blogging from someone with really flat Ohio vowel sounds, that's the place.

I mention some other bloggers and websites in this interview and here are some links to those. Please let me know if I left someone out:

Jesus' General
Shakespeare's Sister
The Aristocrats
Geeky Mom
Mike at the Blog Round Up at Crooks and Liars
Daily Darfur

I also regret one inclusion in this interview. I appear to be critical of a post by a fellow Aristocrat. That really wasn't the case but it appears so in the interview. You can read the post in question here and my discussion with Sandy about it in comments here. I love Sandy and think his post was thought-provoking, even if I wouldn't have posted it that way myself.

I did have a major disagreement once with another blogger, not Sandy, about dead baby pictures. Whether anti-war or pro-life, dead baby propaganda should be used sparingly, imho. Sandy did use it sparingly, the other blogger did not. I felt the other blogger was posting dead Iraqi baby pictures for his own self-aggrandizement, and that his blog was exploiting, rather than merely exposing, the civilian suffering, and I told him so.

Sandy's post is about how the war is packaged for US consumption, and while I don't "like" the dead baby picture in the post (who would?) I understand it. I hope that clarifies rather than muddies things.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Thanks again for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:34 AM

    Wow. So THAT'S what you sound like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:35 AM

    You're a born internet marketer!

    And thanks for reckynizing the speling skils of you're comenters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really neat. i'd be stammering and nervously giggling tru the whole thing, THEN i'd find a way to stick my foot in my mouth! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. fine job, bg... but i noticed that you didn't mention anything about capitalization.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, BG. And thank you for the mentions. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Good job, BG. Your voice is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful to put a voice with a name. Great interview and thanks for the mention of First Freedom First!


    BAC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:12 PM

    Blue Gal - That dead baby picture gave me nightmares that night.

    There is that iconoclastic Viet Nam era picture of the little girl running through the streets naked, burned by Napalm and this is worse.

    I'm glad -- in a way that I cannot explain -- that I saw that picture. Yes, I had a nightmare, but I woke up. The subject of the picture will never wake up. So I am challenging myself to do something more to make this whole nightmare stop.

    Thank Sandy for me, please. As horrible as it is, it was very effective in context.

    Regards,

    Tengrain

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!