Friday, June 20

The Steve Martin School of Political Excuses?

"You ... can be a millionaire ... and never pay taxes." Then he reasons it out. "You say, 'Steve, how can I be a millionaire and never pay taxes?' Two simple words. Two simple words in the English language ... 'I forgot.' How many times do we let ourselves get into terrible situations because we don't say, 'I forgot'? Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal'."


Representative Laura Richardson (D in this case stands for deadbeat if you believe the papers-CA)?

"I didn't know my house was in foreclosure."

is really really funny in a Steve Martin kind of way, but no.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 PM

    "Oh, I forgot that I'm an idiot."

    Geez. Some people should be allowed to buy things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Repubs tend to forget a lot, like the difference between Sunni and Shiite, that it was illegal to molest Congressional pages, that hookers keep records, that public wide stance action can be caught, that Valerie Plame will have her revenge one day, to name a few in a mile long list of scandals.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!