Thursday, June 19

Thank you, alert readers. (ahem)



I have the best readers in the world. Always watching for panties in the news and then emailing me about it. Many thanks, I think.

Nice of MSNBC to interrupt their 24/7 Tim Russert funeral coverage, and I think this story did not go quite as long as their Middle East Peace Deal story, but I didn't time it.

Back to the video: call me ageist if you like, but I'm close enough to 52 to ask what the heck a 52 yo woman was doing putting on a goddamn thong. When you reach that delightful "certain age," (I turn 45 next month, ma hunnies) comfort trumps whatever sex appeal might come from exposing your butt cheeks in overpriced underwear made in China. Besides...



A reminder to everyone, too, that Victoria's real Secret is, she's a Republican.

7 comments:

  1. comfort trumps at 37 too :) nothing is worse than a perpetual wedgie. i have absolutely no idea why the thong is so popular. and- more info that needed i am sure- once you reach a certain age- no one really wants to see butt cheeks. probably no one can see anything but butt cheeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 PM

    Thongs appear to be to be floss for one's ass. There is no way it can be comfortable. If you are that desperate to avoid pantie lines, go commando for christ's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:18 PM

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-tasini/victorias-secret-slave-_b_74261.html

    One of my students did a research report on sweatshops. Vicky's Dirty Little Secret played a prominent role therein.

    Wear your tighty-whiteys. It's the progressive thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:52 PM

    My first entry of your blog I have ever read... you got a new lifetime reader.

    Maybe you could have slipped in a "blue moon" reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:59 PM

    This is what passes for a news show. The handbasket that producer is riding in is already ablaze.

    At least they didn't file it under "breaking news."

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally LOATHE thongs. second only to panties, however, i am really appreciative of those busby berkely type boy shorts. but no sequins, please.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!