Wednesday, December 13

Speaking of Awards Shows

There is a little controversy over whether the Weblog Awards have a conservative bias, but there is NO such controversy about the Koufax Awards.

Look, here's the deal. Wampum puts OUR award show on with little money and little thanks and we in the left wing blogosphere can do better. Way better.

I just used the Amazon Honor System (they do PayPal, too) to send them five bucks. They need a new server which costs $178.00 plus s&h. The server hits they get from "Koufax only" viewers is phenomenal and costs money.

If you've ever fantasized (oh don't get me started) about winning a Koufax, you owe it to yourself to support the servers that make the awards possible. Get over there and give less than the cost of 12 ounces of ground Starbucks. It's time.

UPDATE: Gaaah! As of the moment of this writing I am behind by ONE VOTE. Think your vote doesn't count? Heh. This is crazy. I'm so hyped up I might even vacuum today.

8 comments:

  1. I just put you up by one. Go Blue Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now up by 3...gave 5$ to Koufax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:01 AM

    I will donate something. Also, later today I'm going to do another update on my blog regarding Weblog Awards with a major push for you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:34 AM

    You're in the lead . . . but I'll bet you knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Done.

    Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:14 PM

    you'll always get my vote! but, vacuuming? you can't be THAT excited....!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Hey, that was my first vote cast this year in the Weblogs - actually, I think it's my first vote ev-ah there.

    Thanks for the link, the push and the contributions. And your readers should remember there's a "more deserving of wider recognition" category in the Koufaxes, waiting for well-deserved nominations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Will send money to Koufax.....you're up by 43 as of 3:13 PM est. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!