Tuesday, November 4

Dear Oil Companies:



Faaahk You.

According to the Energy Department's weekly survey of filling stations, the average price for a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline dropped 25.6 cents nationally to $2.40 over the past week, the lowest since gasoline sold for $2.37 a gallon Nov. 6, 2006.

Notice anything about that 2006 date?

No one in the media or the industry better open their pieholes and tell me it's a coincidence that the lowest gas prices for two election years running is the week of the election. Don't tell me Exxon-Mobil doesn't have a rule about that. I won't believe you and I don't care to.

Panties image above from my post on the same damn subject from late September, 2006. Having a four year old blog means loving the archive feature.

2 comments:

  1. Two-year old panties? I thought my laundry days were bad.

    ;>)

    ...And f*ck the f*ckin' oil companies. They've had it their way long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, the price of gasoline goes up substantially EVERY NOVEMBER because the refineries have switched over to producing home heating oil.

    Um, except in Presidential election years, where it ALWAYS GOES DOWN.

    How much of a ZOMBIE does one have to be to believe Exxon/Mobil's lie that "They can't help it - it's The A-rabs!"

    Never mind that we only get 20% of our oil from The Gulf, or that EM just posted world record quarterly profits - again!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!