Monday, May 11

CODEPINK Mother's Day Vigil in DC 2009

It looks even better than I thought it would. Such a privilege to participate in the knitting of this banner.

The entire banner is a quote from Julia Ward Howe: "We will not raise our children to kill another mother’s child."

When I'm tempted to feel bad about CODEPINK's image as rabblerousers, undesirables, you know, I refuse to type gender slurs here but you know where to find them...

I think about suffragettes in jail and how much harder it must have been for them.

You can see more images at the flickr page linked and at CODEPINK's Mother's Day Homepage.

Salon tonight 9 Eastern. Hope to see you then.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, BG.

    You've done us proud.

    I'm volunteering to knit next year!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!