Sunday, May 10

Happy Mother's Day.

From The Absence of Alternatives, a very well-written blog by a woman who happens to be a mommy:

"Mom, when do you want your Mother's Day party to be?"

"Hmmm. I was hoping that I could just relax. I don't really feel like a party since I don't want to clean up afterwards."

"Hmm, you should be like Obama's wife."

"What?"

"Remember how she went to ten [inaugural] parties and she didn't even complain? You should be more like her."


The least I can do is keep the computer off today. I hope all you other moms have a wonderful Mother's Day.

8 comments:

  1. A happy Mother's Day on behalf of the blogosphere to the Den Mother herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy mommie's day, bluegal.

    Didja get 'THE' breakfast? (burnt toast, spilled OJ, runny egg and a flower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this other Mom's defense, Michelle Obama did not have to clean up after one of those 10 parties!
    Ha!

    I could go to 10 parties too, if all I had to do was show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won't have to do ANY dishes today, Ma!

    We'lljustleavetheminthesinkuntilmonday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:07 PM

    I remember some poll years ago about what Mom's really wanted to do on Mother's day.

    Be Left Alone, no exceptions.

    Hope you read this on Monday.

    All our LOVE.

    OG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!