Wednesday, January 20

My Butt's Wet!



Whew. The sidewalk and stairs leading to my driveway this morning had just enough salt on them to be ice-free. Step on to the driveway and bam, right on my generous ass. So I get out some more salt and prepare a safe path for my three kids to get to the car for the ride to school.

"Mom's icy wet butt" would make a great name for a band, by the way.

So I get the kids all coated up and send them out to the car. You can guess what happened: Junior Dude decided to go skating. Bam. I NEED NEW PANTS!

He changes pants, I get the ice scraped off the car, drive to school and the gas light goes on.

This is how progressives feel this morning.

We did everything right. Took the fall, sacrificed single payer and Kucinich and Dodd and Dean and Edwards (still love Dean, btw, he told Rachel last night one of our alternatives is expanding Medicare through reconciliation). We salted the driveway for Obama, helped to get him elected, voted for him, hoped.

We scraped the windows, did a fifty state strategy and a 60 seat majority.

Bam.

And now we're out of gas. Somebody is going to have to refuel the base over here or this car's not going anywhere. And goddammit Rahm Emmanuel owes us a pair of dry pants.

More on this at Friday's podcast: I'm doing some administrative stuff (including an opening theme) for that today.

Keep the faith, watch out for Monkey Mind, and bow heads and open wallets for Haiti. This too shall pass.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting words to the way I feel today! Very apt comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, mine too. Big time! I am tres disgusted with the entire fucking Democratic Party. Is it OK to say "fuck" in your comments? Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need snow cleats! Salt is fine at ice removal and all of that, but snow cleats are where it's at! I heartily endorse them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:47 PM

    Thank you for putting into words the frustration I feel with this administration.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!