Tuesday, July 4

Happy Independence Day...

thong801_zoom


My friend Chap posted this as a comment over at HuffPo and said I could republish it here, for which I'm grateful. - BG

I have a few questions for Orrin Hatch and those other morons concerning their bill "protecting" our flag:

If I have a flag made of metal and it is thoroughly indestructible, can
I squirt gas on it and burn it, or does the flag have to be destroyed?

What if I burn a 48 star flag--are we only outlawing the official one?
Could I add a star and burn it so that it is a flag that has never been
a US flag? Or would the addition of the star be a desecration?

I always heard that if a flag touches the ground you were supposed to
burn it--out of respect. Can I respectfully burn a flag?

What if I were to get footage of a flag being burned and projected it
onto a building? In other words, do I have to be the destroyer or is the
disrespect enough?

Can I throw away an old flag? How can I be sure that it won't be
incinerated? For that matter--is it worse to let it rot in a landfill?
It could get coffee grounds all over it.

If I use a flag as a diaper, would that be a problem? flag diaper And if so, what if I made a fourth of July flag cake, slice it, eat it
Wave_Your_Flag_Cake

and shit it with all my friends? It can't hold feces but it can become feces?

Can I still burn a copy of the Constitution? Could I burn just the First
Amendment? Or are Gonzales and Scalia handling that for me?

US_Flag_In_Toilet_LG_BAL-80

11 comments:

  1. I edited this a bit because I really like the image of Scalia and Gonzales shitting flag cake. Chap, you'll hafta sue me when I get back to B'ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blue Gal, don't think much of the blue diapers with stars.

    But the panties, yeah Hot!
    I could easily fall for a gal wearing them. Love them, the best of the best. Have a nice day!

    Another bright hot sunny day here, but the air is moving, so one can breathe

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a happy 4th.love the posts!

    these 2 have 2 great posts this morning and a poster that is just so prefect!



    http://2politicaljunkies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Blue Gal! Hot thong and lovely cake! Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:21 AM

    you morons. What if I take a picture of you and shit on it, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ignore what anonymous said. If somebody is too chicken to allow us to know who they are, esp if they have a blog and won't let us see it, then in most cases their opinions should be disregarded. This whole flag burning. A bit of a meal is being made out of it it. I like the fact that you have taken a light hearted approach it. Unlike anonymous I loved the diaper thing. As you're a political commentator I was just wondering what your take on the current gaza strip situation is. If you have anything to say then feel free to comment on my blog.Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:11 PM

    I guess the cake is the answer (and a creative one at that!) Whole hoards of anti-war protesters get together and eat a fourth of july cake, then the protest happens the next day...

    ...on the steps of Congress ;-)

    Quite enjoyable way to initiate a protest, too. I like cake.

    BTW, in Australia we're starting to have the same debate. Something about we can't desecrate the flag our "Diggers" (veterans) fought under. Fact is Australia pretty much fought under the British flag up to Korea, and the US flag from Vietnam onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a very handy page of flag rules and regulations, which quotes the Flag Code on how to dispose of a worn-out flag: "The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

    It also notes that "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." But only bad bad people like this guy would do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the last pic! Flush.......

    Hope your fourth was good...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 4J... Love the flag on the panties or maybe I liked the panties on the flag...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rogers Aisles asks today whether we can build into the flag an anti Constitution desecration amendment.

    Good question, indeed...

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!