Sunday, March 2

Zen and the art of away from.



I dunno, sometimes I wake up in a very Zen mood.

I take water aerobics and the toxic old lady in class with me complained (as she exercised in the middle of the pool next to the swim lane) that the swimmer in there had splashed her and got her hair all wet.

A commenter at an A-list blog I write for, on a comment thread regarding Sunday Morning Talk shows, said this:

Dear, sweet baby Jesus!! Will someone make the Obama/Clinton noise go away?!


Excuse me, my coffee just shot out my nose.

I have a cousin who taught me this terrific phrase: "the power of away from..." If it's getting to be too much for you, my friends, (and that phrase sure is) just turn it off. Get out of the hottub, towel off, lie down, and relax.

No one is requiring any of us to do politics or save the world all the time. Even when parts of the world (Gaza) really need our attention. Even Jesus his own self took a break every once in a while.

Sometimes be here now means being away from the angst so we can fight the good fight better another day.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:56 PM

    No, we can't be calm about this. We must battle forcefully and steadfastly, onward!!1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Sometimes, ya just gotta...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrE80rnjhw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:16 PM

    Blue Goddess:

    Yes, you are right, of course. I used to be very much of that mind in the workplace. Now I contemplate my peace and unemployment!

    democommie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:19 PM

    We all need some down time. If you are thinking about politics 24/7, then you miss out on a too much. So perhaps the best thing to do is to remain vigilant, but still allow some time off from time to time. Whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:12 PM

    I guess that's the difference with me. I guess it's kind of like Football. There are people that think the season never ends, and those who think it is far too short. I myself love the wall to wall nature of the coverage. That being said a little Wii bowling helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:17 AM

    I guess that's why there is the off button on the idiot box. If you don't like what's on either change the channel or turn it off. And if you don't like what's in the magazine or book, don't buy it. But no, we need to force everyone to follow our particular creed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:22 AM

    After 35 years of charging the parapets I find that there are young people out there that can take my place.

    I still cause a lot of turmoil but on my terms

    OG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...there is a new generation coming along. Let's nurture it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes, we just need a small nap,
    or...


    then, back to the good fight.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!