Thursday, October 23

Something for my mom and dad.

The Marquis de Sade, a real sick puppy, wrote about what he considered the worst torture you could inflict on someone. He said that it was to watch a parent watch his/her child suffer.

Not only has my dad been in the hospital for surgery in the past two weeks, but all three of mom and dad's children have had health crises of one kind or another involving hospitals and emergency rooms. My broken ankle is the least serious of everything that's going on, and at least one and possibly both of the other two situations are absolutely dire.

I'm posting a little Ernie Kovacs for my parents, because at this crazy, crazy time, absurdity fits. We don't know why these things happen (or happen all at once), any more than we know why the salad explodes in the video below.

More than once in my own experience it has been proven to me that "trials are proofs of God's care." I'm praying for my family and include my parents in that love.



PS if you are one who prays, my sister has asked specifically for that for her husband, Henry. Thank you.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Ernie was a genius.

    His wife Edie Adams died last week. She was the keeper of his legacy and the best looking and most glamorous person to ever sell cigars on national tv.

    Hang in there - we went through a bout of similar problems several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, an Esquivel soundtrack, too.

    My fervent wishes go out for a resolution of your family tribulations, and a restoration of light and balance, BG.

    Allow me to provide a brief absurdity despite my own path of troubles...And the salad exploding? A balsamic meltdown.

    ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:27 PM

    We all have to deal with this shit in our lives. Your situation has been the last 5 years of our lives.

    Only now are we beginning to see real light at the end of this road.

    I appreciate that you have shared this with your readers. It's best to share you load with those that care about and for you.

    Just because our relationship is in cyberspace does not mean our relationship with you, is not as close as our next door neighbors.

    Even us non religious types know how important it is to share a prayer.

    OG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor parents and family. Thanks for Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know i send healing vibes and prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Even those of us who just cruise by on a regular basis and don't know you care. I'm not the praying type, but I'm sending out some warm, hopeful vibes to you and yours. Take care, BG, and thanks for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoughts and prayers for hope and miracles are on their way as we "speak"! I hope you know that you can always rest your worries on our "virtual" shoulders anytime you need. Hang in, Blue Gal.

    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day at a time.

    This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:55 PM

    AHH, memories of the Nairobi Trio..
    I am of that group that does pray, and you and yours, Good person, are on the list.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All over that prayer list.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:13 PM

    I'm keeping a good thought for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:59 PM

    I'm not religious, Blue Gal, but I am sending good wishes your way. Hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i do pray, and will certainly add you and your family to the conversation, which is often awkward from here, but always sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am lighting candles and sending prayers to your and your family Blue Gal....sending you much light and love....and healing wishes...

    namaste....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My prayers for you and yours, BG.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gads! Drop off the scene for a couple of weeks and look what happens.

    You and yours are in my thoughts, and I wish you and them the best of all possible outcomes.

    Be Well BG.

    Traveling Man

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!