Friday, October 31

Proposition 2 in Florida is the stupidest waste I have ever seen in my lifetime.



Some really stupid amendments to state constitutions are out there.

But Florida's proposed Amendment 2 really truly tops the charts. And remember, I've lived in Alabama.

An amendment that pretends to ban gay marriage but actually will affect straight people in greater numbers. And it's idiotic.

Did I mention it's stupid?

I'm going to run a PRO Amendment 2 ad here to show you what I mean. The rationale of this ad is, if we let the homos win, we are denying little blonde girls their natural inclination to play wedding with Ken and Barbie. No, I am not making that up:



There are no words. Florida, you've already got image problems, sad to say. If you're in Florida, read this and weep VOTE.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 PM

    I've been focusing on Prop 8, so I haven't looked at this much. Is it likely to pass? Christ, Florida is a weird state. And I say that as someone who used to visit family there regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gross. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about the Florida initiative. What I said about Prop 8 goes double here! This would ban all kinds of unions, not just marriage. Terrible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:57 PM

    Yes, you mentioned that it's stupid. There's a different amendment that should be on the ballot in San Franciso, to rename a waste facility, the George W. Bush Sewage Plant. This was in the San Franciso Chronicle (Oct. 18I think)and the petition to add the amendment required 7,000 signatures. At last count, the signatures were over 12,000. Talk about a last legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BG thanks for posting this. The amendment needs 60% of the vote in order to become part of the state constitution. The last polling data I heard had the "yes" vote at 58% -- which is far too close for comfort.

    Same sex marriage is already illegal in FL, so this is just mean spirited.

    This is a really terrible amendment, so if you have friends or family in FL please urge them to vote NO!


    BAC

    ReplyDelete
  6. it passed, now ain't that annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:09 PM

    The beautiful thing about democracy is that the people decide, not leftist bloggers. In this case, it is obviously the will of the people (over 62 percent for prop 2 and over 52% for prop 8). You may think that that prop 2 and 8 are idiotic or stupid but it demonstrates clashing worldviews, not the lack of intelligence.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!