Wednesday, January 4

Blue Gal's back, Jack's in the box.

happy new year


In the back of my mind there was this sneaking suspicion that the new year would change everything. We wake up and all the justice of 2005 was just a good dream. Bushco wanted all of us to believe the past year was o-ver.

So what's the first political news story of this year? Jack Abramoff is cutting a deal. Update: Kudos to Tim F. over at Balloon Juice for the term "Abramaggeddon".

"You don't have to be a political genius to sniff the smell of blood in the water," said GOP consultant Rich Galen.

WOO HOO!

I may be sleepy (jet lagged and tired as hell from the night cough that will not die), but this is not a dream.

So who peed their pants first when they found out, Tom Delay or Ralph Reed?

I missed you.

And now we are going to let the War on Christmas story die, but not before reading one last post, from my most excellent evil twin over at Blog de la Resistance. She often says what I say, but with more class and sass and all around snark. Love that post, AL, especially...

You can bemoan the more inclusive "Happy Holidays" greeting all you want, but if your car is sitting in the parking lot at Wal-Mart and your kids are whining for an X-Box or an I-Pod under the tree, you done lost any "Christ" you thought you had. Clicking your heels and chanting "Merry Christmas" isn't going to bring back the true meaning of the day.


'Kay. One more day before...school is back in session. Did I say Woo Hoo? That's what I meant.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Let this be the year it all turns around . . . PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back! Let's hope Abramoff rats his way up to Rove-Cheney! And it would be simply awful if Tommy DeLay had to serve-awful!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!