Tuesday, October 20

The Intermediate Feminists HAVE AN ANTHEM! And surprise, it's not work-safe.



So you're singing a song called "My Vagina is Eight Miles Wide" and at 3:14 you shout "Just the boys!" and they turn away from the pole dancers to help you out?

THAT, sisters, is what feminism is all about here at BG.

Storm Large is her real name, according to her interview with Ellen, so it's gotta be true.

h/t to The Bloggess, who is made of awesome anyway.

And important update, commenter Opalmirror points out

Storm wrote this song as a response to being rejected by Lilith Fair for not being womanly enough. "Tell me what is womanly to you? Strong but not too much of a brute? It's good to be powerful, but way better if she's cute?"

Rejected by Lilith Fair? Oh I love her even more.

_________

Special note to Blogenfreude at Stinque, Driftglass, and Jesus General. These guys turned away from the pole dancers and did the unthinkable: they posted my skoal rebel fundraiser video at their own blogs and I didn't ask them to. They just did it. Because they love me. And I love them back.

Of course, they really just love me for my teaspoon, which I bought off Ebay from the estate of Sophia Loren.



14 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get back to you when I am done laughing. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluegal, you rock!

    Nobody appreciates a good spoon better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storm wrote this song as a response to being rejected by Lilith Fair for not being womanly enough. "Tell me what is womanly to you? Strong but not too much of a brute? It's good to be powerful, but way better if she's cute?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lord, what a magnificent teaspoon.
    And I just did it because I love you too, BG, but I'm modest and don't flaunt it brazenly like those other shameless bloggers.

    ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My vagina is universal...like a penis...it's reversible." So true!

    She has a great voice btw.

    Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Not womanly enough"?!!! WTF?

    Thanks, wonderful, for introducing me to this; I'll be on the lookout for her and her work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally, a Big Tent party I can believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In a word: fabulous. What a lovely fuck you to the Lilith Fair. Hahahahahaha. Thanks Blue Gal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wikipedia says Sophia is still alive. And hang onto that spoon if there's a flood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love you and we're jealous of your spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought it was funny, and tuneful, but more than that I thought it was smart, and friendly, and it made me think, and it made me cry real tears. I think it's truly beautiful. Rejected by Lilith Fair? And she responds with a Catherine-the-Great Horse video? Sheesh, I hope I never get into a battle of wits with this woman. It would be like dealing with a Scicilian with death on the line, only worse! Inconthievable!

    And the shout-out to the Pixie's "Gigantic" at the end was almost more than I could stand. "Gigantic" may be the most wonderful song ever written about sexual love, so it was just awesomely awesome for her to end the song this way. It really did make me cry.

    My new hero.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, as a Storm fan and lucky to share the same home town as her, if you want to follow her projects I recommend getting on the mailing list, and the bulletin board (bbs) at http://stormlarge.com and also friending her on Facebook. She welcomes feminists of all sorts, and she lends her name and energy to lots of empowerment organizations and fundraisers, from theater and plays to GLBT youth as well literary. Plus, the people around her are great to hang out with. Come on in the water's fine.

    James aka Om.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Storm kicks ass like a crazy monkey, and she's a homegirl here in Portland. Good on her for taking the piss out of the Lilith Fairians, who, so far as I can tell, have no more sense of humor than Dick Cheney on the subject of quail hunting...

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!