Thursday, January 29

Blogroll Amnesty Day is next Tuesday. STEAL THIS VIDEO.



And enjoy!

Tuesday, February 3 is Blogroll Amnesty Day. Old timers know that this holiday has a rather sullen history, but now it is a happy occasion: On February 3, bloggers are invited to post links to five blogs you like, that have smaller traffic than your own. It's a great celebration and a time to discover new blogs and link them and stuff. As I said last year, "not to get all mushy here, but do you know how fucking great it is to be here in the blogosphere? Take a moment. Take it in." Spread some linky love.

Small and newbie bloggers please be aware of the ironclad rule that you are not allowed to make "hey no blog is as small as mine" jokes regarding Blogroll Amnesty Day. The rule is, straight from the queen of the indy blogs herself (ahem), that you are not allowed to complain or mention your blog's low traffic until you have been posting daily for a year. If you're little, link other blogs that are new or still growing their audience, and encourage them to practice their craft daily. Then, show them how.

18 comments:

  1. I like it... Consider it stolen and cross posted. Just understand that I do feel kind of bad victimizing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really very small, which is okay by me. I will link to others though because I like the linky-luv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd been saving this one for ya.

    Wool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meant to add that she need a nudge to keep the blog updated...

    CRS

    She has another you can get to via this one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great.. I need all the traffic I can get... someone can send them my way.. PLEASE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed the explanation. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Thanks Blue Gal. I plan to steal it. But I'm having a tough time imaging a blog that is smaller than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I is a happy camper. My Technorati numnber just went to 2! I will try and figure out how to get your video into my blog, BG.

    In the meantime, take a read of my latest tale of whimsy and woe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It'll be tough finding five places that get less hits than my own. But I may steal that video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:34 PM

    BG, you're the fucking best!!

    Here's my BAD post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the visit and the link BlueGal..appreciate it.. come back anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:19 PM

    I'll be adding your video tomorrow at the end of Rowdy's Roundup. I try to link to at least one new-ish blog per week in that post. But maybe I should be adding them to my blogroll as well. Thanks, Blue Gal... dah-link. (As Arianna might say.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:09 AM

    Thornesworld is back after a long hiatus in a new home I'll be hard pressed to find a road less travelled than I, but I'll give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:14 AM

    Consider it snatched! And thank you! I will be on it Feb. 3rd...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stop the Press! had to jump ahead and post my links today -- no guarantee i'll be able to post Tuesday. But it's there now.http://www.thenewswriter.com/?p=2598

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK - Done.
    My B.A.D. Listing Here.

    I bet there's one or two you've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!