Wednesday, August 30

And for my THIRD post of the day...

sbhss604c1
from Webundies


I know, I know. Cooookies. I'm going to stop right after this one, I promise....

I just can't figure it out.

Shorter Rummy: If you don't like stay the course you're a Nazi appeaser, get it? Lemme throw the word fascism in there, too! So those egghead blogging people can look it up, throw around definitions, and basically, well, encourage al Qaeda types!

Shorter Rush Limbaugh: I think you might then say that the obesity crisis could be the fault of government, liberal government. Food stamps, all those -- ...the government's killing the poor. The Bush administration is killing the poor with too much food.


Oops sorry, that's not shorter Rush Limbaugh, that's an actual quote.

Which one of these guys is working for Karl? I mean, it's Katrina anniversary week, and even I am blogging about the above. Look! Shiny things! Tossed in front of the blogosphere! Ooh the Secretary of Defense called me a fascist! That fascist! Rush is talking about obesity! That "big fat idiot"!

Google Blog Search mentions this week, props to Arianna's folks for making this kinda graphic possible:

blog mentions



Whatever they are paying Karl Rove, it isn't enough.

karl as kool aid
Yo, Bloggies! Drink da Kool-Aid, and show him da money.


Update: I thought a lot about this post while carpooling the kids home. It's not that we lefties all need to stick to the same talking point. I'm worried that we can be so easily distracted. While the MSM generally does not help, I give big props to Olbermann tonight and hope it's a "have you no sense of decency" moment. (C&L promises to have the vid.) Regardless of WHY he said it, Rumsfeld is an officer in the Federal Government and unfortunately the civilian director of our military. He should be ashamed to say what he said about dissenters within this country. Ashamed.

Update 2: Olbermann spoke with a wonderful passion. Remember when he was a candidate for Blue Gal's imaginary boyfriend? His intelligence as an aphrodisiac scale now goes to eleven. It goes to eleven. Step aside, Philip Seymour Hoffman. I think it's time for a shuffle.

2 comments:

  1. and C&L came thru with vid- thank heavens -cause now it isn't working on the MSNBC site...please have people call and write MSNBC- he will need support for what he said tonight- bravest thing I have seen in along time....he would have made Murrow and Friendly Proud---- every proud....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sent an e-mail of support and praise for his courage and his spot on journalism as soon as the program was over. i suggest everyone does it. i think he's po'd some very powerful and thin skinned people.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!