Friday, June 30

I'm sorry to be so cynical...

Cynicism is not my style. I actually believe in the power of good. But yesterday's "historic" Supreme Court victory left me cold.

Yes, even though Center for Constitutional Rights Lawyers said "it doesn't get any better than this," I'm disappointed.

So what? Our disgrace of an Attorney General, Roberto "Whatever We Want To Do Is Legal" Gonzales, isn't likely to change his socks over this decision, let alone his behavior. The prisoners at the Guantanamo Hilton can remain guests of the Chimperor for another five.

Those "traitors" at the NYFT say:

A principal flaw the court found in the commissions was that the president had established them without Congressional authorization.


So then the Republican Congress said, "oh please sir may I have another?"

Fox News will spend the entire day today covering the President's trip to Graceland.

And then of course there's the dissenters, Scalia, Thomas, and Alito, who will be around for a long, long time.

Sorry to be so down today. I always appreciate when anything this President does gets a smackdown, it's just that I don't see what difference it makes.

We've got more guest posts coming. Keep the faith.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:20 AM

    What I don't get is that if he did this without congressional approval than didn't Bush break a law? And if so, why the fuck isn't someone cuffing the chimp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that Now serving Snow-Cones of Brain freeze CRAP...says it was a choice between the "Contitution and his duties as Commander in Chief" -- What an oxymoronic statement that IS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every ball of wax must have a beginning

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've got two options. The same two options we had after the 2004 Election.

    1. Keep 'em honest
    2. Leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So who is the prime minister of Graceland, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:00 PM

    I didn't like the decsion, too, but it was nothing compared to the ass-trash decision of Kelo vs. New London last year.

    "We're going to take your land, force you to move- so Pfizer can build a resort there. Why, because it's more money for the goverment."

    Liberals being anti-big business and pro civil-liberties, my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue Gal, you inspire loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted about this too today, and I have the same viewpoint. It's waaaay to early to get excited about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue Gal,
    It all makes a difference my friend... for nothing is an impossible word and even nothing is something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BG, I'm never afraid or guilty to be cynical. When Hackett lost last summer to Schmidt, I didn't go delirious and fool myself into thinking that it was "a moral victory."

    When Lieberman's base began to desert him last month but he still won, I didn't consider worth crowing about, either.

    And I didn't even bother blogging about the SCOTUS's so-called bitchslap of Bush because, frankly, I didn't think it was worth it, mostly for the reasons you've just enumerated.

    This is the same SC that, just the day before, had upheld DeLay's little creative map-drawing of Texas, with only one little caveat.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!