Monday, May 8

A respite in the blue garden

Sandy Underpants said he was heading out to the garden and did I know of any truly blue (not purple pretending to be blue) flowers? I'm no akabini when it comes to gardening, but what came immediately to mind was...

cornflower
Cornflowers

dsk_forget2
Forget-me-nots

blue_pansy
Blue pansies but buy them bloomed so you know the color for sure

Meconopsis%20x%20sheldonii%20550
and the garden goddess Akabini knew the latin name for this blue poppy--meconopsis.

ceanothussen
Dena adds ceanothus.

Up on Daily Kos there's a nice meditation on not letting the whole political anger thing get in the way of your gardening. When I get to the summer place (blue state!) we'll get ta diggin' in the dirt, and we won't think of Abramoff even once.

4 comments:

  1. Allow me to add a favorite of mine: ceanothus, in bloom right now all over the city that's not all there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and don't forget Texas bluebonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:52 AM

    Some hydrangeas are blue...based on the soil they grow in; acidic, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all the blue, my beds will soon be full of it

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!