Tuesday, April 18

Cartoonists in the news!!!

yhst-98635225568762_1893_2189062
you can order a sticker like this here.


Congratulations to two editorial cartoonists winning awards this week.

Mike Luckovich won this year's Pulitzer, and took the opportunity to give an absolutely bitchin' statement against the war in Iraq. This on NPR's All Things Considered. Listen to the interview here.

Today the Herblock Award for Editorial Cartooning will be awarded in Washington DC. This year it goes to Jeff Danziger, a true blue if ever there was one.

We damn liberals are always giving each other awards. Too bad these awards are so fricking prestigious.

And memo to all the yellow Elephants out there, Danziger is a decorated Vietnam War veteran, kinda like those generals who are calling for Rummy's resignation.

You can see Danziger's cartoons at his own site here. I wrote him and asked very nicely if he would give us liberal bloggers permission to steal his images, but I'm sure he's kinda busy today listening to Sandra Day O'Connor tell him how great he is.

When you get back, Jeff, I'm sure you'll be delighted to know that this smutty left wing blogospherian thinks you're great, too.

4 comments:

  1. Damn, I already published this week's Word! Next week he'll be perplexed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you Blu Gal...Danziger is now listed in my favorites and I am adding him to my blog Echoing Voices! Great read... Needed my Blue Gal fix and now I feel better about the day. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those guys are big faves of mine. I also enjoy Mike Keefe of the Denver Post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know we armed Iraq.

    I wondered about that too, you know. During the Persian Gulf war, those intelligence reports would come out: 'Iraq: incredible weapons – incredible weapons.' How do you know that? 'Uh, well ... we looked at the receipts.'"

    -Bill Hicks

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!