Wednesday, October 11

Wondering if the war on terror is permanent?

Alabama has a license plate. Here it is, unedited:

GWT


When I saw this on the car in front of me this morning, I thought, oh man. This is just like the Choose Life anti-abortion propaganda license plate issued by the state. Alabama claims this license plate is about supporting adoption, but um, the Center for Reproductive Rights thinks differently.

But anyway. Turns out the endless war on terrah license plates are only for veterans of the endless war on terrah, as if we aren't all veterans of this lie-fest. I'm just sorry I was on the interstate, and couldn't walk up to the owner of this license plate, with all due respect to our troops, and tell him his license plate was totally left-wing bloggable.

I had time to think on my school carpool commute and you know, photoshopping is fun. This with a tip of something tasty to those nasty folks at T-Shirt Hell:

17 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I need to get me one of those Alabama Plates! For my *Recreational Vehicle*!

    Would drive the Fundies WILD!

    *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a hunch i'm going to be thinking about this the next time i see a real rainbow! that is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the second one.

    The first one makes me carsick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:14 PM

    We ALL want to buy one now !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:01 PM

    That Tee-Shirt Hell site is great. I love the Uncle Sam Shocker one (I Want Two in the Pink and one in the Stink), and I think you really really need to get the If I had Balls, They'd Be Bigger than Yours shirt.

    Did you see the tee-shirt on my blog yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The T-shirt place is great. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kinda gives that whole I Heart Dixie thingee a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hysterical. Thank you so much, this has been a tough day and you just brought me out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:01 AM

    The first tag...Sad.

    The second tag just might get you rear ended...if you're not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whatever happened to the separation of church and state??? pro-life is all about religion...

    at any rate, I'd buy the second..

    poet - AWESOME pun!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Blue gal, I will illegally put the second on my car if you can manufacture it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Thanks everyone, in particular Blue Gal, for the laugh!

    (But the comments have been a delight also).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Oh, hella-aye! I LOVE rainbows! Here's hopin' yer sailin' be fair an' fine, m'Darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't keep up with all of the license plates we have. I've tried. I wonder if the state would just let us design our own?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Last week I saw a "Global War On Terror Veteran" Minnesota plate, as well, on the streets of our True Blue capital city, St. Paul. I could appreciate someone wanting a plate to signify his/her service in Iraq or Afghanistan, but what sort of person comes back from one of those fronts and still identifies with that empty political marketing angle?

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!