Wednesday, July 18

Okay, who is most unclear on the concept?

1. Oprah Winfrey's Dad, who apparently thought it would be a good idea to write a tell-all book about how he should have beat her more.

2. The family values Senator who slept with hookers, but whose standards apparently did not run low enough to allow him to support his own state's hooker economy, thereby offending just about everybody.

3. The so-called Christians who tried to shut down an ecumenical prayer in the US Senate because it was not directed at the one true God, Jesus Christ. (a silent tip of the hat to my fellow-Quaker Suzy.)

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:11 AM

    So Diaper-boy is worried about flood control?

    Regards,

    Tengrain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the prayer interruption video a few days ago and wanted to vomit. As I posted at the time, "Lord Jesus, save us from the *&@#$% idiots who think they know you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the bumper sticker says: Jesus, protect me from your followers.

    I suppose I wonder if it's possible to prevent the name and deeds of Jesus of Nazareth from being so brazenly misconstrued or if we should just accept it as a fait accompli and strive not to repeat the same mistake.

    Quaker Dave has it right: I want my Jesus back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in being generous. They're all idiots. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Jesus, protect me from your followers."

    I think I need to have that branded on my forehead!

    We (partner and I) planted one on eachother last week in front of a preacher at the local Arts Festival.

    He was interrupting everyone else's enjoyment...So we interrupted his.

    Boy was he mad!

    "Jesus protect me!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a hard one.... I'm glad I live in a fortified ice station.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If there's anything more inane than playing "My God's better than your god", I can't think of it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OG ... amen, sister.


    BAC

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!