Tuesday, November 7

Election Day is more important
than my two-year blogiversary.

I forgot. November 4 was my two-year blogiversary. But it was election day 2004, so today works, too. And I already got my present. The hit counter will top 100,000 this week, and more than 200 other blogs link here. Thank you. I have the best readers in the blogosphere.

And I got a lovely surprise gift, too. Mike of the Crooks and Liars Blog Round-up did an interview with Brainshrub's own Paul -V- and both of these kind men had nice things to say about this here blog. Thank you, gentlemen.

You can listen to it at the link or click below.


powered by ODEO

More important than what Mike had to say about Blue Gal is what he says about blogging itself: you don't choose blogging, it chooses you. And a diamond is just a piece of coal that stuck with it. I hope bloggers who listen to this get inspired to let blogging choose them, and stick with it.

They've got a nice pic of Mike at the Odeo site, but this one is my favorite. That look could get you into, and more importantly, out of, a lot of trouble with women, and probably has, Mike honey. Oh. And he's a musician. Who has played with hmm, everybody. Don't get me started.

Finally, I did a google search on "blogiversary" to see if there are any other political bloggers to congratulate and man, did a lot of people start personal/knitting/diary blogs one year ago. I happen to know that
Falafel Sex started at the same time I did. Congratulations Abby and Company, and the rest of you go visit. After you vote. And if it's your blogiversary soon or recently, let us know in comments. Thanks.

15 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversery, BG!!!

    JPW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversery, BG!!!

    JPW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Well, happy blogiversary, beeeeeeeeeej.

    Here's a little something I set up for my brother's wedding anniversary. It should work for you too: http://www.raisemyrank.com/stuff/h-a.mp3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many happy returns of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, BG. And many more. You always brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:58 PM

    You know that's 14 in dog years...

    Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot! Woot! Happy blogiversary!

    We're so much better for having you here, thank you for the time and dedication you commit to the craft. Newbie bloggars like me are in debt to you!

    Best regards and kind wishes,

    Tengrain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats B/G, tis good to have you around. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Bloggiversary to you!
    Happy Bloggiversary to you!

    Happy Bloggiversary to YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!

    Happy Bloggiversary to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:49 PM

    Happy Blogiversary, Blue Gal. Many happy returns :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:33 AM

    I am de-lurking to wish you a very happy second birthday! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Happy Blogiversary, gorgeous! If I knew you were comin', I'd have baked a cake!

    *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogiversary... and I, for one, am glad you stick with it:)

    Always inspiring and thought-provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:10 PM

    I hope bloggers who listen to this get inspired to let blogging choose them, and stick with it.

    Yeah, Mr. McNaturepants!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!