Sunday, November 12

Insoluable Blue Gal



Thanks to regular BG reader Gregorio for finding the insoluable Blue Gal coloration molecular biology thang.

Needless to say, my clock says:
the time for lunch with the President is over.

Related article here. And I'm sorry to hear about Feingold:

I want you to know that I've decided to continue my role as Wisconsin's Junior Senator in the U.S. Senate and not to seek the Democratic nomination for President in 2008.


It's time to crunch the numbers to find out just how much refund Halliburton owes to the US taxpayer. "Thanks for funding a single-payer health care system, Dick. Sorry about the bankruptcy."

This week on BG: I'm almost finished with a couple great books, one fiction, one non. Hope to work up some mini reviews for ya. Also knitting a bit in preparation for Madrona, but this is not a knitting blog so I'll spare you. One of the sweaters has some fabulous blue in it, though. Madrona is a knitting convention in Tacoma Washington in late January. If any BG readers would like to meet up then and there, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    We used to call it "beta gal" -- it's a dye which we combined with our DNA samples prior to electrophoresis. That way, you could follow the course of your electrophoresis, and you would know when you were done.

    SO . . . yeah, I've used Blue Gal, used and abused her. Got her all over my hands, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing you could do is hit "Drinking Liberally," to check out their meeting places and times. I know there's a group here in Seattle, and I believe Burien and Tacoma have groups as well.

    Chris in Seattle

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!