Saturday, November 6

Hope and humor

My friend Karen E. had the following good thoughts:

I will work very hard not to become that which I despise--the current administration's agenda of fear and hate I will not make my own.
-Heather Parker

I will not fall into hatred. Nor will I fall into despair. Some things are out of our hands. To quote Paramahansa Yogananda, "Cosmic law cannot be stayed or changed, and humans would do well to put themselves in harmony with it."
Dulce Bell-Bulley

And so to get through these next four years... Buckminster Fuller has some helpful advice: "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change things build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."


Hope and humor are the way to go. I love that Garrison Keillor had a bonus joke show this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!