Friday, August 31

Defining Hell

We Quakers don't go much for the whole hell thang, and actually I didn't go for it before I became a convinced Quaker, but I just found out Christopher Hitchens is going to be on BookTV for three hours this Sunday. Okay, you got me there.

And then I forced myself to read this entire transcript of a Glenn Beck show. The one where he says

(a) rebuilding NOLA is a waste of money, but
(b) we should arm all its citizens, and
(c) while we're at it let's take care of the "nutjob" in Iran, and we can be happy that "Iran will be stopped one way or another before Bush leaves office." (And Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough "think" {oh I use the term very loosely} that The American People (tm) will support that big time.)

There are days I'm convinced that the only thing worse than an eternity with Satan would be having cable in my house. Seriously.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 AM

    LMFAO! Yes, that would pretty sum up what I could define as hell on any given day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not missing much. I first contemplated hell when the movie channel ran a Jerry Lewis movie marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may be Catholic, but the whole hell thing is not really in my consciousness.

    Until I read the things that bring it into yours... Or I see Dick Cheney... Or the awful picture of Fred Thompson I just spied. Or...

    Well you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into the whole heaven/hell thing either, but I wish there were a hell just so people like The Current Administration (TM) would get their spot in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't believe in hell, but if there was one, i'd be waking up there in a bed next to glen beck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:41 PM

    I have it on good authority that when Chris gets to heaven, he's going to share a lunch table with Mother Theresa. And breakfast. And dinner. And snack time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Glenn Beck sounds like a rabble rouser, the kind of person who as a kid on the schoolgrounds might have tried to manipulate other kids into violent and destructive acts. That would make him a leader, but not really responsible. Sound familiar, like the current American administration? What a winner, and he gets paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BG --- you dont know what you are missing without cable -- with cable you get bad Cheryl Ladd movies (then again there arent any good ones) and my personal favorite Iron Chef - where one guy made Salmon sorbet.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess one could always ask a friend of the devil.... or maybe Beck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:29 PM

    always interested:

    That is spelled w-i-E-n-e-r; you're welcome.

    Blue Gal:

    Just because I only saw it for the first time, this evening: Great t-shirt, with picture of Bush and Cheney and the legend, "Meet the Fuckers".

    democommie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hell? It's a town in Norway, a little north of Trondheim. I used to have a postcard of the rail station. The best part was the sign underneath HELL that said "Gods expedisjon". (Which actually translates to parcel shipping and baggage check-through.) I'll have to dig it up -- it's in a box somewhere. And it's all FOR REAL.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!