Friday, August 17

Please reset your watches, civilization has ended.



I mean, I'm not trying to go all Dr. Hook here. But Zac Effing Efron is a synthetic pop star created in the Disney labs. And what is up with Rolling Stone magazine anyway? "John Edwards is a real liberal with big ideas"? Do they just cut and paste from his campaign website?

I'm seriously beginning to think that the real reason there is a disconnect between the blogosphere and the mainstream media is, there's actual writing here.

Which means the only way we're going to segueway this stuff into a real job is to become Hollywood publicists.

Please. Kill me now.

UPDATE: Jeebus Feaking Crisco.

8 comments:

  1. Disney does kick Blue Girl. And what a hunk this one is..... Link .....Don't think the Mouse can do much for Dr. Hook though..... talkin' major makeover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:13 PM

    Rollingstone stopped being a music magazine years ago.

    I think of it as Andy Warhol's Interview 2.0, meself.

    Regards,

    Tengrain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you SURE this isn't someone's copy of Tiger Beat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:18 AM

    tengrain:

    I agree, except that I think Andy Warhol was a bit less annoying.

    Jann Wenner seems to have decided that he can simultaneously be, like, uberhip and ubercraven. Neither meme is working.

    democommmie

    ReplyDelete
  5. it really makes you long for Darlene, Cubby and Annette - don't it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure they do. To actually look something up would mean higher paychecks. Can't have that now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:31 PM

    :( I remember when the Rolling Stone was good. Er-at least, I remember reading it when I was a kid. Like, 1994...
    Ok. So I'm not really old enough to say "I remember when..." But I do remember liking the magazine very much in the nineties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, ick. what's happened to rolling stone?!

    i'm sick here!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!