Monday, October 20
Two of these men will NOT be voting for Obama
Shown: Bush 41 with his staff on the White House lawn, circa 1991.
1. With all the old whitey guys saying it was a racial thang, I was waiting all day yesterday for Al Sharpton or somesuch to come out and say Colin Powell isn't black enough to endorse Obama.
2. Brent Scowcroft has been book touring with future Secretary of State (or whatever position he wants) Zbigniew Brzezinski about their co-authored book "Undoing The Total Fuck-up of Bush 43's Foreign Policy for Dummies". Okay it's not called that but it's the same thing. According to Zbig, Snowcroft has not given "any explicit words of support" to McCain. Huffpo adds that Snowcroft "has settled on a policy of 'neutrality' in the presidential contest between Obama and McCain." Yeah.
3. Robert Gates is the current Secretary of Defense, but apparently he was brought in by some Bush 41 cabal folks (replacing Rummy) to temper Junior's ass-holiness. He's been called the only adult in the current cabinet, and it's also reported that he has almost single-handedly put a stop to the "let's invade Iran" talk in the White House. There are even rumors that Obama might keep him on. Keith Olbermann take note: I guess we're not supposed to call him Mister Iran-Contra after that.
4. Does Cheney have the heart (sorry) to vote against his own economic interests? He never has before...
5. Dan Quayle has too much in common with the current Vice Presidential candidate not to support her, plus, she is the only person in the history of the world to make him look competent.
6. James Baker openly agreed with Obama's stand of talking to Iran. I'm amazed at how easy it is to find these guys dissing McCain in a public interview, even if it means I'm heavy on the Arianna links. You're welcome for the traffic, Mrs. H.
7. I would spend an extra week in this cast if I could know how Bush 41 is going to vote this year. But I'll bet you my Techorati rating that the McCain mob videos turned his stomach. Those aren't his kind of people, let alone his kind of Republicans. And lots of his friends at The Club will be voting based on a specific understanding of class on November 4. This time, that means voting for the gentleman, rather than for the bum.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Oh yes yes yes. You have hit all the high - and low points!ReplyDelete
As for 41, don't spend an extra moment in the cast if you can help it. I suspect that deep in his heart there is no way that he can vote for McCain and truly no way he can vote for Palin, despite his own Quayle-ish days.
Did you see the movie W yet? If you have not, I am recommending it. And if that GWHB has any resemblance to the real one, I say Obama has yet another Republican vote in his pocket.
That said - I am not cocky. We must stay focused. Voter fraud, other kinds of GOP-fuckery style election stealing and who knows what will abound if Obama does not win by a huge margin.
Three Huffington Agenda links? Well, I can forgive you just about anything, BG - even that degree of unseemly drumbeating.ReplyDelete
Fascinating post, BG!!ReplyDelete
Poppy Bush will vote for whomever will make him more money. If it's McCain, he'll do it without thinking. If it's Obama, he'll do it without thinking. Mmmmm, money.ReplyDelete
way off topic but thx bluegal for for the shout out on the hollaback girl of constant sorrow music club over at c&l!ReplyDelete
好秘书 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 中国皮肤网 癌症康复网 中国公文网 工作总结 个人工作总结 班主任工作总结 年终工作总结 工作报告 政府报告 述职报告 述廉报告 考察报告 自查报告 情况报告 调研报告 调查报告 申请报告 辞职报告 实习报告 评估报告 工作汇报 思想汇报 汇报材料 情况通报 情况汇报 心得体会 学习心得 工作心得 培训心得 读后感 演讲稿 竞聘演讲 就职演讲 比赛演讲 征文演讲 节日演讲 演讲技巧 工作意见 活动策划 工作方案 整改方案 实施方案 企划文案 销售方案 培训方案 应急预案 规章制度 法律法规 事迹材料 先进事迹 个人事迹 申报材料 学习材料 考察材料 经验材料 交流材料 自我鉴定 模板范例 技巧经验 工作计划 民主生活会 入党志愿书 入党申请书 入团申请书 转正申请书 通知 毕业论文 合同ReplyDelete