Thursday, September 4

Time for a breather.

I know how exhausting this is.

It feels dirty sometimes to write about politics. And the anger of it all can get to you.

And let's not forget that for the first time since 1980, a wide swath of the Democratic Party is heartbroken. Heartbreak takes time to heal, and time is something that doesn't exist on the battlefield. Retreat when you are in pain is completely necessary.

And to carry this analogy to its logical conclusion, the PUMA's were injured by friendly fire and therefore joined the enemy? I don't get that. But I digress...

More than one blogger has decided to stop blogging about the election (1, 2). Whether it is for mental health or a sense of being true to one's own values, those arguments are incontrovertible. We each have to follow our inner voice and higher power.

Like the angels who stay close to the throne of God, some of us are required to stay behind, away from the battle.

Some of us are sent to fight.

After all, there are angels in heaven who bare flaming swords.



All of us are required to stay alert, love more for every hate, and press on. We're not alone, we're together.

By the way, in my book, the creative force that led me to blogging is eternal and ever-present. Blogging is just the current medium for what I have been doing my whole life. It may change to something else someday, but I can't help but feel that, well, let Emerson take it home;

"What you are comes to you. ...The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."

_________

Oh, and no lie, I just took this quiz I found at Fran's and...well...watch out for us INFPs.

INFPs are introspective, private, creative and highly idealistic individuals that have a constant desire to be on a meaningful path. They are driven by their values and seek peace. Empathetic and compassionate, they want to help others and humanity as a whole. INFPs are imaginitive, artistic and often have a talent for language and writing. They can also be described as easygoing, selfless, guarded, adaptable, patient and loyal.


pffft.

7 comments:

  1. Heh heh, fire, FIRE, heh heh.

    Aw yeah, INFP, the elite. Where's my arugula and latté?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:42 PM

    Trying to explain why you work, for the greater good, instead of working for just yourself is hard for most people to fathom. I suspect that at times it's hard for you to understand yourself when your real life duties overwhelm you.

    I suspect however that you realize that you are not alone in this world and other people have the same or greater problems than you. So you work to make life easier for yourself and others like you.

    So yes there are angles that carry flaming swords however I suspect the swords are for illumination not violence.

    OG

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times like the present day that do not appeal to the better angels of our nature, for sure.

    Though I'm deeply frustrated and full of righteous indignation, my desire to see this election through to the end will keep me blogging.

    And, a slight aside here. Three weeks until the first debate. That will be VERY interesting, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i took the test last year or so.
    i got the same as you.


    i understand why some have to stand back and breathe. everyone has their own path to walk.

    me? i am angry. something i rarely am.

    i refuse to stay quiet and watch this distruction of our government and our american way of life.

    maybe it will all be for nothing.
    maybe i'm tilting at windmills and the fix is in.
    perhaps the fates have deemed it time for us to go the way of britain and france and spain those many years ago.

    i do not know but i am angry and for once instead of feeling guilty over feeling this way i am going to post and comment and e-mail and discuss with friends and aquaintences til this election is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:34 PM

    A fellow INFP! Cursed to see the world not just as it is, but as it ought to be, and unable to turn away from it without trying to set it right. We tilt against windmills and beat our heads against brick walls, trying to change things in spite of all the naysayers who tell us that we are only one person and can't really hope to change anything.

    And yet, I really wouldn't want to live any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link love my friend.

    You an I, me an E, but NFP blogging together all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. INFP? INFP's ROCK.

    As a psychology professional, I know very few people who actually hail from this type. Yours truly is an INFP. (Right on the cusp of "E"...most "NFP"s are "E"s...) It's an odd place, but so what?

    I work, I raise my kid, I knit, I sing, I act, I write, I'm still surviving cancer and yet, always with a shy voice. Hence, the "I". I know. Who cares.

    Thanks for Emerson.

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!