Sunday, December 2

Together

Stolen from the original Quaking Harlot. QH, you're a good writer, and I hope the Way Opens for you to post more often. A couple of bloggers have spoken to me of hope this week, and whether or not we have it or should. Are we so dumbed down as a nation that there is no hope? Will the Constitution prevail? Can we recover from this administration, and restore to our country and world all the good that's been raped away? Can we?

We've got work to do. Today. That is all there is. And my dearest much loved friends, it is enough. It is enough. Squeeze my hand. Look at me with calm resolve as I look at you. And let us begin.




Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime,

Therefore, we are saved by hope.

Nothing true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history;

Therefore, we are saved by faith.

Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone.

Therefore, we are saved by love.

No virtuous act is quite as virtuous from the standpoint of our friend or foe as from our own;

Therefore, we are saved by the final form of love which is forgiveness.

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Oh poop. I wasn't gonna add this because it's too dirty f-ing hippy, but then I started to dance...so stand up at your computer, with no one watching, and dance with me my hunnies.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Never give up, Never Never Never
    It took those bastards 12 years to f-up 50 years of progress, but the reckoning is coming, next year's election will sweep them away, and we can re concentrate on fixing the mess that they have made.
    As Jack Kennedy said we have to "ensure the blessings of liberty" that and the preservation of our constitution and bill of rights are SACRED documents, and the village idiots who desecrated them are on the way out.
    There is hope, but we have to stay determined and keep flinging mud in the eyes of the people who HATE their fellow Americans and our form of government
    (sorry if I got a little preachy)
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Gal you made me get up and dance, for all the right reasons - Revolution!

    I'm not laying down and pretending it's over. I'm by your side, fighting, because I believe that We The People can do this, pull it out of the fire, save the damned thing.

    Or I'm goin' down in flames, trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...And Tomdem, I hear your hopeful voice. But it isn't just about defeating them in an election, it really isn't. They have a huge machine in motion here, working day and night to attain their goals.

    They've already thrown W under the bus, because he was always expendable.

    We have to defeat their ideas. We have to separate the Neos from the Theos, show the Common People how they're being played, make them see that we're all in this together, fighting The Few who want it all.

    There are a LOT OF US. We just need to make that connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good one: "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. I can easily see storming the Bastille to that one.

    And while we're at it: Dennis Kucinich/Ron Paul? What up with that? And yes, I am being deliberately provocative...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't need to do that here, Crank everyone here is already provoked.

    Special K needs to get bizzay fixing that. I'll probably have more to say about that this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh BG, your words on that topic are anticipated, as well as Dennis' own!

    MEP. (most excellent post)

    And btw, you say dirty f-ing hippy like it is a bad thing. I spent Friday evening in the company of a bunch of them and it was not too bad!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!