Sunday, December 16

Doing the round up for the next couple...



As Dr. Zaius would say, "no time for blogging today!" (love that opening.) I'm doing Mike's Blog Round Up at Crooks for the next three days. Then Mike is back. Hooray!

and as I emailed a fellow blogger last night...

ten twenty two and I'm only halfway done with the round up so I'm having a second beer in order to lower my standards.

Dang, one more drink and I'll be linking NRO's The Corner.


Last year on December 11th I wrote the following:

The Sunday New York Effin' Times is read, the blog is tended to, and the best video blog has three blog round-ups full of wonderful blogs, even though Mike is outta town. My house is a SHAMBLES. Every single room. I have not put away a clean shirt in four days.

But here is what IS done: The Christmas tree is up.



All three children are fed and bathed and have clean clothes on and know Mommy loves them.

So would I have it any other way? NOPE.


It's nice to know that in a year where so much has changed for me personally, a lot of things have remained the same.

8 comments:

  1. I am not sure that drinking beer would help me. I am pretty sure that my standards can't get any lower. (Thank you for liking my opening line, by the way. **a big smooshy heart shaped meatloaf in your direction**)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that you can still get it up. The tree, that is...

    ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Knowing your extended family loves you, is also a constant.

    Happiness and Joy for this season and all new years to come

    OG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organic George you just put a lump in my throat. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Hey Blue Gal, thanks for mentioning my blog at Crooks and Liars. Talk about a jump in clicks. Thanks again. And how the hell can you do all this and raise three kids? Color me impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what I'm thankful for.

    I'm satisfied that I got the father to purchase a nifty fake tree. But this tree is like no other---it comes with lights installed, thereby saving myself five hours of his griping that he always get a goddamn crooked tree every Christmas and who got the lights all tangled up last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Christmas!

    The traditional Christmas Lasagne is made and waiting for the oven; the cards are all mailed off or delivered; the cookies are baked; even the homemade Turtles are ready! (We banned non-fair trade chocolate from the house.)

    Of course, none of this has anything to to with me. To quote truth: "If you want something done, ask a busy woman."

    Man, I so totally scored on this "marriage" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job at C&L, natch.

    And "Dang, one more drink and I'll be linking NRO's The Corner" really made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

I really look forward to hearing what you have to say. I do moderate comments, but non-spam comments will take less than 24 hours to appear... Thanks!